FAQ’s ..what most people ask us.

Here are some of the most frequent questions we are asked about video surveillance, phone systems and other things!

1) Q. What type of phone do I need to view my CCTV (video surveillance) system remotely? A. The systems we use are compatible with most smart phones. Most of our customers use either an iPhone or an Android but, there are other smart phones that will work as well.

2) Q. Is there a monthly payment for video surveillance? A. No. Video surveillance is monitored by the customer; therefore there is not a monthly monitoring fee or any other recurring fees. Once it is installed, it is yours!

3) Q. Do you offer financing? A. Yes, we offer financing for businesses. Of course, approval is based on the company’s credit. We do not offer residential financing at this time.

4) Q. What is VoIP? A. the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) defines VoIP as: Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a technology that allows you to make voice calls using a broadband Internet connection instead of a regular (or analog) phone line. Some VoIP services may only allow you to call other people using the same service, but others may allow you to call anyone who has a telephone number – including local, long distance, mobile, and international numbers. Also, while some VoIP services only work over your computer or a special VoIP phone, other services allow you to use a traditional phone connected to a VoIP adapter.

VoIP can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year on your phone bill.

5) Q. How long have you been in the business? A. Chad NesSmith, the owner of Chief DataCom, has been in the telephony and video surveillance business for nearly 25 years. He is one of only a small handful of people in the state with this level of experience and is respected as an expert in the field. He owned a successful telecom/datacom company for 10 years before selling it and starting Chief DataCom from the ground up a year ago.

6) Q. Is a license required to sell video surveillance? A. Yes. Any company that sells, installs or services video surveillance, aka CCTV, systems is required to have an Oklahoma State license. The company owner, manager(s), technician(s) and others must be finger printed and pass a criminal background check in order to become licensed. This is regulated by the department of health.

7) Q. Why should I buy from Chief DataCom instead of another company? A. Chief DataCom is a locally owned and operated business. We are experienced, licensed and insured. We operate in a fiscally responsible manner and give back to the community through volunteerism and through monetary donations. Currently, we sponsor the RE Project which is a program for at risk youth. That being said, each individual and business should buy from a company they trust and with whom they can have a relationship.

8 ) Q. What is structured cabling? A. Structured cabling is a building or campus telecommunications cabling infrastructure that consists of a number of standardized smaller elements (hence structured) called subsystems. Structured cabling design and installation is governed by a set of standards that specify wiring data centers, offices, and apartment buildings for data or voice communications using various kinds of cable, most commonly category 5e (CAT-5e), category 6 (CAT-6), and fiber optic cabling and modular connectors. In addition to this type of cabling, we also offer other types of wiring related to sound and other systems that may be tied in to your telephone or video surveillance systems.

If you have other questions about video surveillance (CCTV), business telephone systems or structured cabling, please contact us via the website or give us a call!

Leave a Reply