Posts Tagged ‘Chad NesSmith’
A few years ago when we started Chief DataCom, we had no idea that in the near future another company would be born of it. We have worked closely with our commercial and residential CCTV customers and quickly realized, that they had other security needs. We had a customer who was the victim of an unstable ex-spouse who was stalking her, we had numerous customers who were the victims of burglaries, businesses and individuals who had property vandalized, a real estate professional who was threatened with violent bodily harm and so many others. This is when we decided there was a real need for a security store that offered a solution to most security threats.
At Chief Security, a person can purchase a self-defense weapon such as a stun gun, knife or pepper spray as well as protect their home with cameras and a burglar alarm! From hidden cameras to tracking devices, it seemed that we had solved most security needs. But, there were other needs; like the need to obtain a license to carry a handgun for protection or the need for an armed security officer. We offer both. In fact, we took our mission to protect people so seriously that we even offer a line of custom steel storm shelters which are made locally by our family owned, and retired (disabled) veteran operated steel fabrication company!
I never tire of hearing how one of our customers either prevented or solved a crime because of our products! I love to hear the stories of parents who used to stay up all night wondering where their troubled teen was, and now they can track their vehicle 24/7. It may sound a little crazy to some, but, too many others know the reality.
Stop by our store sometime, we would love to show you around!
Chief DataCom is the Deer Creek Chamber’s Business of the Month. Chief DataCom is owned and operated by Chad and Leslie NesSmith.
We install video surveillance (also known as security camera systems), business phone systems and structured cabling. Chad started in this business about 25 years ago and is well respected in this industry. We are very community minded; we both coach youth sports and volunteer for our church and other community organizations. We even offer free workshops on home safety and security. We believe it is our responsibility to give back to the community!
Right now, video surveillance is in high demand. It seems that we cannot go a week without someone calling us because they were burglarized, the victim of employee dishonesty or some other type of crime. We have a true passion for this business and helping people. Nothing is more satisfying than one of our customers calling us to say that we helped them avoid loss or catch a bad guy!
Video surveillance is so much more affordable now than it was just a few short years ago. In addition, the technology has really advanced! Now, a person can be in another country and can keep an eye on their home or business in real time on their smart phone. With 5 kids ranging in age from 9 to 19, we have put our cameras to good use!
If you have every though about having a security camera system installed in your home or business, please give us a call. We offer great service, great products and a great price! And, we are right down the street from you!
Proud members of the Deer Creek Chamber of Commerce!
I am not sure how my wife found Chief Datacom, but she (and they) hit a homerun. Chad and Leslie matched us up with an appropriate system for our budget and needs, they were extremely easy to talk to and work with, and they showed up on time and did a great job on the installation and follow-up. I hope to have them around as a resource for many years to come. They are very professional and very likeable. What a combination!
Owner, Monkey Island Shaved Ice
Working with Chief DataCom is amazing. I’m so glad to have met Leslie and Chad. As a startup business owner, there are so many companies out there eager to take advantage of you, making it hard to find people to work with that you can trust. I met Company X and received their quote for camera installation, a digital recording system, and a monitor. Their quote was $1600 more than Chief DataCom for the EXACT SAME PRODUCTS. I remember calling Leslie a few days after she submitted her proposal—I was baffled at the savings and figured there must be something wrong, or labor wasn’t included. She said “Nope. That’s for everything.” I was shocked—in a good way. It was amazing to see that I didn’t have to sacrifice quality for savings. Besides that, the security cameras were installed the following week, all in one afternoon. The guys came in, did their thing and didn’t disrupt business. Everyone on the staff is friendly and fun to work with. I’m glad to have met Leslie and Chad. They’re more than just business owners, they’ve become friends and I highly recommend them to anyone who has any security needs!
I’m writing this letter to you to say thank you for the exceptional service you have provided. We had a need for video surveillance in and around our training facility for liability purposes. By installing a video surveillance system, your company has provided us with the peace of mind we need as we grow. Our expectations have been met and exceeded!
Chad and his crew were very professional and friendly, from the initial consultation right up to the last day of install. The equipment covers the areas we need to view and the access to the server is incredibly quick and easy. I can’t wait to set up the live broadcast feature so we can stream what’s happening in the gym on the web.
We will be recommending your Chief DataCom to our friends and business contacts due to the exceptional quality of service you have provided. Again, thank you!
Owner, CrossFit OKC
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the Deer Creek Chamber business after hours! We were honored to host you.
As many of you know, we are very active in the community including; the Greater OKC Chamber, the Yukon Chamber, the Deer Creek Chamber and the Lawton/Ft.Sill Chamber. In addition to our Chamber involvement, we also lead & attend various networking groups in the area. We believe in strengthening small business in the Oklahoma City and surrounding areas. We encourage all small businesses to join your local Chamber of Commerce and find some networking groups to attend. We also encourage you to support and refer other small local businesses. It is THE FUTURE of Oklahoma City!
Thank you all for your support of THIS small business!
1) Q. What type of phone do I need to view my CCTV (video surveillance) system remotely? A. The systems we use are compatible with most smart phones. Most of our customers use either an iPhone or an Android but, there are other smart phones that will work as well.
2) Q. Is there a monthly payment for video surveillance? A. No. Video surveillance is monitored by the customer; therefore there is not a monthly monitoring fee or any other recurring fees. Once it is installed, it is yours!
3) Q. Do you offer financing? A. Yes, we offer financing for businesses. Of course, approval is based on the company’s credit. We do not offer residential financing at this time.
4) Q. What is VoIP? A. the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) defines VoIP as: Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a technology that allows you to make voice calls using a broadband Internet connection instead of a regular (or analog) phone line. Some VoIP services may only allow you to call other people using the same service, but others may allow you to call anyone who has a telephone number – including local, long distance, mobile, and international numbers. Also, while some VoIP services only work over your computer or a special VoIP phone, other services allow you to use a traditional phone connected to a VoIP adapter.
VoIP can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year on your phone bill.
5) Q. How long have you been in the business? A. Chad NesSmith, the owner of Chief DataCom, has been in the telephony and video surveillance business for nearly 25 years. He is one of only a small handful of people in the state with this level of experience and is respected as an expert in the field. He owned a successful telecom/datacom company for 10 years before selling it and starting Chief DataCom from the ground up a year ago.
6) Q. Is a license required to sell video surveillance? A. Yes. Any company that sells, installs or services video surveillance, aka CCTV, systems is required to have an Oklahoma State license. The company owner, manager(s), technician(s) and others must be finger printed and pass a criminal background check in order to become licensed. This is regulated by the department of health.
7) Q. Why should I buy from Chief DataCom instead of another company? A. Chief DataCom is a locally owned and operated business. We are experienced, licensed and insured. We operate in a fiscally responsible manner and give back to the community through volunteerism and through monetary donations. Currently, we sponsor the RE Project which is a program for at risk youth. That being said, each individual and business should buy from a company they trust and with whom they can have a relationship.
8 ) Q. What is structured cabling? A. Structured cabling is a building or campus telecommunications cabling infrastructure that consists of a number of standardized smaller elements (hence structured) called subsystems. Structured cabling design and installation is governed by a set of standards that specify wiring data centers, offices, and apartment buildings for data or voice communications using various kinds of cable, most commonly category 5e (CAT-5e), category 6 (CAT-6), and fiber optic cabling and modular connectors. In addition to this type of cabling, we also offer other types of wiring related to sound and other systems that may be tied in to your telephone or video surveillance systems.
If you have other questions about video surveillance (CCTV), business telephone systems or structured cabling, please contact us via the website or give us a call!
I would like to start by saying Thank You for the great work you did for us at 247 Graphx Studios Inc. The surveillance system that you installed works flawlessly. The peace of mind and security that we receive from Chief Data Com is priceless. Your attention to detail and willingness to listen to our needs is extremely important to our company. I also love the app for my phone that allows me to monitor my business even when I can’t be there. We have impressed our customers with your app because we are able to show them their job in progress. I am looking forward to having your products installed at my home. I will enjoy not having to rush home every time my alarm goes off because I will be able to see if I have a intruder or just a false alarm. Again Thank You, your company is a prime example of quality products and fantastic customer service.
247 GRAPHX STUDIOS INC.
Chad NesSmith is the President and owner of Chief DataCom. You may wonder why this statement is significant. It so happens that Chad is a bit of a celebrity in the world of telecom.
More often than not, when I go into my usual dissertation about Chief DataCom and how awesome we are (and I get to the point where I talk about Chad) this is the response I get: “Chad NesSmith! Wow! He put in our telephone system 20 years ago!!”
Chad’s career began about 25 years ago in Lawton, Oklahoma. He has worked with many interesting people over the years, including the now State Auditor, Gary Jones (who used to own a telecom company). Chad also installed his very first video surveillance system during that time. It is interesting to hear how much video surveillance and telephone systems have changed over the years!
Chad also holds a number of certifications for telecom and network services in addition to holding a state license for video surveillance. Chad is often sought out by other professionals in the industry when they are in need of an expert opinion or advice on how to manage a particular project.
In 1989, Chad took his expertise to the next level and purchased (along with a partner) a flailing telecom company that was sinking like rock. As president, he successfully turned it into a very prosperous commercial telecommunications company and was even awarded the coveted “Best of Business” award. He enjoyed this success for several years and eventually decided to sell his interest in the company and reinvest in a new company, a new adventure.
This new company would be born of his own ideas, expertise, superior customer service skills, personal values and of course his wife’s (Leslie) energy. The company is Chief DataCom. Though Chief DataCom is a new company, the experience behind the company rivals any company of its sort in the state of Oklahoma.
Now you “know” the man who put the “Chief” in Chief DataCom